kde4 session

André Wöbbeking Woebbeking at onlinehome.de
Mon Aug 7 19:08:52 BST 2006

Hi,

after the dbus migration I'm still not able to get a running kde4
session. My current problem is that

  QDBus::sessionBus().interface()->registerService("org.kde.ksmserver")

fails for me. With dbus 0.62 it looked like the service name had been
corrupted (e.g. trg.kde.ksmservQ). So I tried dbus 0.91. Now I get a
NoReply error.

The really strange thing is that when I change the service name to
org.kde.ksmserver1234 it works (with both dbus versions).

Any ideas?

I'm running Debian Sid on amd64 and all packages/sources are up to date.

Cheers,
André