OOM-killer prevention for master kdeinit process

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Aug 2 21:31:08 BST 2006

On Wednesday, 2. August 2006 17:07, Lubos Lunak wrote:

> >  Now, who's the setuid guru here :)? Is the attached (KDE3) patch ok? I'd
> > prefer not to have security people going after me.

I would replace the fopen etc stuff with open(). no difference, just less
stuff to depend on.

What I'm wondering though: is the oom_score adjustment inherited to fork'ed
childs or is it noninherited?

Also, the additional gid's are not dropped and the uid dropping is inside an
#ifdef (which might not be defined outside linux).

Dirk