kde4 dbus state ?

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Apr 27 23:04:49 BST 2006

Thiago Macieira schrieb:
> Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:

>>> The autoconf scripts are supposed to work in mingw.
>>>
>> Are you suggesting to drop msvc?
>>

> No, but I'm suggesting you tackle the most pressing issues first. The
> buildsystem can come later.
>
> Not to mention that it's a C library, so the mingw-compiled library should
> work with the MSVC-compiled KDE. Or am I totally off the mark here?

This means, that mingw people are required to compile dbus for msvc
people on demand. I don't think that this will work especially in the
time where implemeting and debugging is required. Additional gcc symbols
are not identical with msvc symbols, which prevents msvc people
debugging, which runs better as with gdb.

Appended is an initial version for dbus cmake support, which links
libdbus (static at now). May be this could be used as a starting point.

Ralf