Please test: changes in how Qt4 is found

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Apr 27 21:27:10 BST 2006

William A. Hoffman wrote:

> At 03:47 PM 4/27/2006, Zack Rusin wrote:
>>On Thursday 27 April 2006 15:34, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>> pkg-config doesn't exist on windows
>>
>>what makes you say that? there's at least a few version. That includes
>>binary packages like:
>>http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/pkg-config-0.20.zip
>
> You can not seriously think that we can count on pkg-config being
> installed on a windows box before you can have cmake successfully
> find qt?  It maybe ported there, but I have never seen a single windows
> machine that used it.

Maybe they(windows) should/will use it if they want kde4.  :)

I don't think it unreasonable to make pkgconfig a core requirement for kde4.
Long-term, life will be much simpler down the road.  Else, all I see is a
major regression (from kde3) in terms of (detecting|configuring) (build
runtime) environments.

IMO, without pkgconfig, you're in for a world of hurt.

-- Rex