Proposal: New module "kdepimlibs"

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Wed Apr 26 00:05:57 BST 2006

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 13:43, Volker Krause wrote:

> Indeed, but there might be a problem though: kdgantt is licensed similar to
> Qt (GPL + commercial license), which is incompatible with the kdelibs
> license policy (which we would like to apply for kdepimlibs as well).
>
> So either kdgantt has to stay out or we need a diffrent/extended license
> policy for kdepimlibs.

Hm, that's a tough problem. It's the questions how much our LGPL policy is
worth. Who would use a LGPL library, but wouldn't use a GPL one? Would these
people buy a commercial license of kdgantt? Does this kind of developer even
exist?

In order to have a clean non-GPL lib module we probably have to leave out
kdgantt for now.