[kde-promo] Need some statistics/figures summarizing KDE

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Apr 23 20:53:02 BST 2006

Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
>for an article about KDE I'd like to have a few core statistics that
>summarize the scope of the project.
>
>I know we have...
> ...more than 1200 people with commit access to the SVN repository
>    (actually, today it was 1255 according to the "accounts" file in
>    kde-common),
> ...more than 3,000,000 lines of code (can someone give me a more
>    exact number?),
> ...more than 150 new commits each day, close to 70 translation teams
>    (even if some of them may only have a team size of 2 or less).
>
>Which other statistics do we have that show something about KDE's
>reach?

Maybe you can also use this:

Since April 1st, we've had:
- 8006 commits (avg of 350 per day)
- without scripty: 6267 commits this month (272 per day)
- according to CIA, we've had 6088 this month and 8188 last month
- 304 people committed this month (including scripty)

Top committers:
102 nikolaus
106 clyties
107 tnagy
139 englich
174 mueller
184 cgilles
238 dfaure
273 mlaurent
1739 scripty

Another source of data is the Commit Digest.
  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway