[offtopic] Coverity . . .

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Thu Apr 20 00:38:20 BST 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 23:16, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 20 April 2006 01:10, Frans Englich wrote:
>
> > In the long term, I think there will be open source code analyzers which
> > can compete with the commercial ones. According to my opinion, software
> > testing has exploded the last couple of years,
>
> How do you mean "exploded" ?

Popularity/usage. Software testing has exploded in terms of products, and
deployment of testing facilities.

Examples from KDE: compare the amount of unit tests(QTestLib etc) we have now
to the 2.x and early 3.x period; EBN; the sporadic test suites found in svn.

(I should perhaps remind that this is nothing but me theorizing.)

Cheers,

		Frans