KIO split (from the Job side)

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Apr 18 17:23:37 BST 2006

On Monday 17 April 2006 18:47, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'd like to propose some refactoring in the KIO::Job area. It's in my
> opinion particularly needed for the following reasons:
> 1) KIO::Jobs are tied to the UI and this depend could be removed
> 2) Other areas than KIO are starting to use Jobs (namely Akonadi and
> Solid), so it's a good target for factoring
>
> My current plan is the following:
>
> 1) Factor out a KJob class that will go in kdecore (find in attachment).
> I already have a first version of this class. It provides the necessary
> interface to implement a job and track its progress, but doesn't enforce
> any scheduling policy.

On the topic of progress:
There is a nice idea/mockup about shared progress information on kde-look.org

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=33673

It might be viable to implement some kind of progress tracker in the base
implementation to have it available across all kind of job tasks

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>