FEATURE: wallpaper caching

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Apr 14 15:04:48 BST 2006

> The requirements for a new feature to get in KDE3.5.x are:

 See previous mail, it's the same.

 The attached patch saves ready-to-use wallpapers in user's cache directory so
that next time it's needed it's not again loaded, blended, generated and
whatnot but only loaded as PNG. Wallpaper generation can be a noticeable part
of startup time and this patch helps especially with SVG wallpapers which can
be bloody slow. I couldn't find any slowdown in any case I tried (including
cold caches startup with not that big wallpaper), but it'd be nice if
somebody else could try this too. The disk cache is limited to 8M, or 50M if
there are many files newer than 10 minutes (different wallpapers on different
virtual desktops).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer