stubbing KStartupInfo -- win32 feedback? (was Re: A little review of kdecore & kdeui)

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 17:28:42 BST 2006

On 4/10/06, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:

>  Non-X11 platforms should implement their own KStartupInfo, with most
> functions being no-op I'd presume. Is there any problem with that?

I started doing this, but realized I'd be re-implementing half of the
"convenience" bits that are already in kstartupinfo.cpp, so I ended up
just #ifdef'ing it instead.  I'd like some feedback from you and maybe
anyone involved in the win32 port before I commit it, though.

It basically chops out anywhere there are actual KXmessages passed
around, but leaves things otherwise alone, including the
state-tracking.

Could KXmessages perhaps be replaced by something qt-based
(signals/slots or some other IPC mechanism)?  Or is it enough to just
have the apps think they're able to track this basic state and be done
with it for now?