before snapping the next snapshot

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Apr 9 22:51:59 BST 2006

On Sunday 09 April 2006 22:27, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > But this means, that all other modules have to be fixed accordingly, i.e.
> > > in the include statements everywhere the "ui_" has to be added.
Yes. Think of the benefit: you can use dialog.cpp dialog.h and dialog.ui as the name
of your source files for the same dialog. The generated header won't clash with your dialog.h header.

> > > Do we want this or should I revert the change in kdelibs ?
Yes we want this :)

> > > I'd like to sort this out before the snapshot, otherwise we might have to
> > > change it now in all modules and if we decide later change it back in all
> > > of them .
We have to do a one-time change, but we won't have to change back later :)

> > change all the includes to ui_mydialog.h since that's the whole purpose of
> > the snapshot, is to handle big changes like this.
> >
> > Also make sure that there is a comment or two about this change in
> > kde4porting.html
>
> I won't have a lot of time in the next days, we have visitors here till next
> saturday.
No problem, other people can handle the porting of the modules tomorrow.
Laurent will be back ;) and I'll try to help - but I first have to bring my laptop to repair...