Header files (Re: A little review of kdecore & kdeui)

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Sat Apr 8 17:14:20 BST 2006

On Saturday 08 April 2006 14:26, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Saturday 08 April 2006 09:26, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > From my own real-world experience: every piece of software I ported from
> > Windows to Linux did have incorrect includes, the developers just don't
> > care about the case. Having one *simple* rule helps in this regard.
>
> I can't imagine a more simple rule than "The include is exactly the same as
> the class name".

True, but the current rule with Qt is "the name of the include is the
lowercased name of the class with a .h appended", which is pretty darn simple
too, even though it does have a few exceptions (which I agree should be
fixed). I'm not sure there's a lot to gain with this change.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.telegraph-road.org