Header files (Re: A little review of kdecore & kdeui)

R.F. Pels ruurd at tiscali.nl
Fri Apr 7 22:00:36 BST 2006

On Friday 7 April 2006 22.47, David Faure wrote:

> > I think that makes it harder to remember.
>
> If you can remember to type "new QLineEdit", how can you not remember to
> type "<QLineEdit>" after the include? It's exactly the same word... I know
> that it changes our habits (which isn't mandatory), but really, for many
> people (I should know, I'm doing one week-long Qt4 training per month those
> days), it's really much much simpler than "ok, for QVBoxLayout I need to
> include qlayout.h" < now THAT is harder to remember.

True. Still. I think it's harder. And I remembered why there was a reason to
keep the names lowercase. Not all filesystems are case-sensitive and
non-camelcapped names are easier to type. I know it might seem like a nit,
but I think it would be unwise to go against what numerous people and
software packages have established as a standard.

--
R.F. Pels,  3e Rompert 118,  5233 AL  's-Hertogenbosch,  The Netherlands
+31736414590        ruurd at tiscali.nl       http://home.tiscali.nl/~ruurd