A little review of kdecore & kdeui

Gary Greene greeneg at phoenuxos.com
Fri Apr 7 20:50:42 BST 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 03:44 pm, R.F. Pels wrote:
> On Friday 7 April 2006 19.01, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >> So they can type the name of the class right but can't copy that in a <>
> >> for the include? ;)
> >
> > From my experience windows developers just don't care for the case in
> > file names. They have header files in all-upper-case, in all-lower-case
> > and in mixed case and include them according to the moon phase.
> >
> > So IMO having a simple rule really helps.
>
> How was that again? Can't remember if NTFS is case sensitive or not.

It's fully case sensitive, but has an annoying bug in the Win32 driver that
disallows things like files like the following to be in the same dir since MS
uses internal 8.3 mapping for backwards compatibility:

FOOBAR.TXT
FooBar.txt
FooBar.TXT

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from uriel.tolharadys.net

Developer and Project Lead for PhoeNUX OS.
 check out http://www.phoenuxos.com/ for more info.
EMAIL : greeneg at phoenuxos.com