A little review of kdecore & kdeui

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Apr 7 20:12:35 BST 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 11:03, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Why not eat our own dogfood?
>
> If it doesn't work, we've got a problem :-)

i'm not worried about it working. i'm concerned about it working -slower-,
with greater complexity and with less control on our side over what actually
happens. DAPI makes amazing amounts of sense for people writing apps that
don't use the desktop frameworks since it goes sth like:

	app -> toolkit -> desktop API

for those already using those desktop APIs it becomes:

	app -> desktop API -> toolkit -> desktop API

the real fun would be if we ever created a circular dependency there ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo