A little review of kdecore & kdeui

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Apr 7 18:35:44 BST 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 16:15, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > > LOL. How will Qt call kfmclient, exactly?
> >
> > Qt can call xdg-open, see
> > http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/TaskOpenURL
>
> while i'm a fan of the portland stuff, does it make sense to have kde rely
> on it? (serious question, not a rhetorical one)

Qt would rely on it, we have to provide it.

Though IMHO it would rather use the DAPI call or something equivalent than to
rely on an external executable.

Or, depending if at least Qt/X11 will have D-Bus as a dependency
(accessibility bridge maybe?) I'd suggest we have kded provide a launcher
interface through it

Cheers,
Kevin

--