A little review of kdecore & kdeui

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Apr 6 20:52:08 BST 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 21:25, Charles Samuels wrote:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote, on Thursday 2006 April 06 7:07 pm:
> > That happens with Qt 3.3 already, at work people do not stop to
> > #include <QValueVector.h>
> > and works for them and i have to come after and change it to
> > #include <qvaluevector.h>
> > so that it works for me, so that Qt4 change does not adds up that problem.
> > It already exists.
>
> Well, that's really easy to solve: "All #include names are lowercase" as
> policy. A lot easier to enforce than "All #include names must be correct" :)

Enforcing "Use #include <QFoo> to include the definition of QFoo" is just as easy.
Even more easy (copy/paste). Most Windows developers like to copy/paste *a lot*,
(probably due to lack of tab-completion), which explains the "QValueVector.h" type of error.
So #include <QValueVector> actually makes more sense in that respect: easy to
achieve with both copy/paste and tab completion - neither of which works for lowercase includes.