Suspicous code in kdelibs-3.5.2

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Apr 6 19:00:50 BST 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 12:24:13PM -0500, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> On Thursday 06 April 2006 10:18, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > What is actually missing is somebody fixing the array overrun, and
> > the rest please ignore the trolls. Thanks.
>
> Patch and test attached.

amazing. so instead of a simple two-dimensional static array with 256
entries we now have a dynamic list of lists with the possibly most
unreadable pointer magic achievable for this simple task, reproducing
the hypothetical behavior of some numa-aware compiler (yeah, sure, for a
static array with 256 ints).
how about simply changing the code to match the programmer's assumption
that the array is linear by allocating uint[256] and using 16*y+x for
indexing?