A little review of kdecore & kdeui

Matthias Kretz Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Apr 6 13:55:55 BST 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 01:21, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >> to kcontrol library
> >> ===================
> >> KCModule
> >
> >I guess this (and kdebase/framework) means that kdebase being installed
> > is becoming a requirement before compiling other modules.
>
> Is KCModule used for anything outside kcontrol?
>
> Is KCModule required to embed a kcontrol config page into an application's
> config page (like kicker or kdesktop)?

KCModules are used for application configuration dialogs as well. Applications
that want to incorporate modules from plugins can make use of KCModules
through KCMultiDialog or even more convenient using KSettings::Dialog (KView
used it, Kontact and Kopete use it, Konqueror should use it (AFAIK it still
uses kcmshell) and other applications extensively making use of component
technologies could make use of it).

The KCModule concept is a lot more usefull than only for KControl.

--
C'ya
        Matthias
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de