A little review of kdecore & kdeui

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Thu Apr 6 11:25:45 BST 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 07:47 am, Richard Moore wrote:
> Just a first glance, but these:
>
> KMD5, KMD4
QCA does these, as Michaƫl pointed out.

> Need to be replaced by something that allows pluggable MACs, we should
> not be including any digests in the API itself at the moment (there
> are some worrying issues that imply that most of the current crop of
> digest algorithms are flawed). There's no problem with continuing to
> use them right now, but we need to encapsulate the algorithms
> themselves outside the APIs.
Hmm, but not quite this way. We do RIPEMD160, MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA0, SHA1,
SHA224, SHA256, SHA384 and SHA512 (including unit tests :-).
However you can't say QCA::Hash("sha256").  You have to say QCA::SHA256.

HMAC does provide for parameterised calls (e.g. QCA::HMAC("sha256"). Also, the
implementation is well isolated from the interface.

Does this meet your needs? If not, can you explain more?

Brad