[patch] Preload popup menus for the desktop (3.5)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Apr 5 00:19:14 BST 2006

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 23:53, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> In my original patch I did use a QCache, though I was doing things per item.
> We could probably save a bit more doing one menu per mime type.

Actually I just realized that we can't do it per mimetype since the plugins want to know
the url they're working on; for "compress as foo.zip", for instance.

Hmm. I can't see how the plugins would be particularly slower than the rest of the popupmenu-setup
code, they do the same kind of thing: creating actions and plugging them.
Although arkplugin.cpp does a new KConfig each time which could easily be
changed to a kstatic-deleted static KConfig * (but you said kconfig was fast).

Anyway you gave percentages in one mail and milliseconds in the next one
so I'm a bit confused with the timing data :)