statfs vs statvfs checks in kdelibs

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Apr 3 12:56:44 BST 2006

On Monday 03 April 2006 13:46, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> After some intensive brainstorming session with coworkers we decided that
> compile check for statvfs case is the only sane and simple solution - if
> compile check with struct statvfs argument succeeds, use statvfs, if not,
> use statfs.

Yeah, that would do it if we could check for existence of header files before
hand and depend on HAVE_*_H in the resulting code so it can include the right
headers. This particular compile test will work out OK on FBSD because it
includes the wrong headers to even find getmntinfo() (and it's supposed to
fail).

--
Adriaan de Groot
  KDE Quality Team