Coordination of releases

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Apr 3 10:02:04 BST 2006

On Sunday 02 April 2006 19:31, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> What we need is the following:
>
> 1) A list with changes between the last and the upcoming release
> 2) Clear indication of dates known to those who are preparing the release
> 3) Clear responsibilities: Who does what?

> ad 2):
> It'd be good if the release team (TWG, right?) could send a reminder one
> week before tagging a x.y.z release to kde-promo so we're able to start
> creating release notes. For x.y releases, this should be one month,
> preferably around the feature freeze.

Some discussion on kde-promo has brought the issue of localisation to light,
that one I forgot. It would add one week to the timeframes, that makes:

x.y.z:
	- Reminder to kde-promo two weeks before tagging
x.y:
	- Reminder 5 weeks before tagging

This way we'd be able to have translated release notes available on releaseday
which can be sent to international and local press, and put on the local
websites as well.
--
sebas

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
- Harry S. Truman