kde_file.h

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Sun Apr 2 19:40:26 BST 2006

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:

> I tried to replace the macros from kde_file.h with the ones from
> qplatformdefs.h (see TODO).

I think I said this before: why switch to using private and undocumented
API? One should point out that the qplatformdefs.h were *not* introduced
with the idea of defining those Q* macros in mind. It's a wild collection
of "evil" platform-specifc header files. Those includes (like the ones for
networking) are still there so the dangerous side effects (all kinds of
ugly #defines from system headers) are still there.

kde_file.h on the other hand consists of namespace-clean KDE_* defines. If
you want to replace that in favour of the Q_* defines I suggest to place a
request with Trolltech to split qplatformdefs.h in two: one file for
compat macros, one for risky #includes. Without that you are doing a step
backwards in terms of code robustness.

Harri.