Farewell KAccel, you have served us well

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 05:59:20 BST 2006

On 3/31/06, Hamish Rodda <rodda at kde.org> wrote:

> We're now as pure as we can be... Qt doesn't do global accelerators (as far as
> I can see).  If you look at kdecore/kglobalaccel_mac.h you'll see that nobody
> created an initial port for mac (same for windows, btw).
>
> In order to make this work for mac, you'll need to provide a KGlobalAccelImpl
> designed for mac and use that in the build.  For now I can do the same thing
> as in kglobalaccel_mac.h for you if you like...

I've committed something basic that does... well... nothing, but at
least builds.  :)

I'm not sure of a good way to hook globally into the events on OSX; we
may have to have a little dock/menu app to be able to do something
like that.  I think that's how a lot of these "itunes control" type
apps end up doing it.