Time zone classes proposal

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Thu Sep 29 22:42:37 BST 2005

On Thursday 29 September 2005 15:19, David Jarvie wrote:
> I have put together the basis of a proposed revision to the KDE time zone
> classes, approximately along the lines of what I said in my previous
> posting. The new code is at
> http://www.astrojar.org.uk/linux/download/ktimezones.h and
> http://www.astrojar.org.uk/linux/download/ktimezones.cpp. It is based on
> the old classes, but is substantially different in many respects.
> Shaheed emailed me
> today to say that he has also been revising the time zone code, and he will
> no doubt post it here
> soon as well. Hopefully after that, we can decide on how to go forward.

As I am going to be unavailable for a while, but don't want to stand in the
way of the progress here, I attach my version of the changes. I think I
addressed all the specific points originally raised with the exception of
improving the "overview" docs - I have not had time to address that. (FWIW,
there is *some* there, and there always has been). There is also an updated
regression test suite.

I commend this for your perusal.

Although I have not had a chance to look at David's proposal, I would like to
say that I was also concerned by my version of KTimezoneDetails for the
reason David suggests. Perhaps his alternate design is more powerful in this
regard.

Thanks, Shaheed