KDE 3.5 wallpapers removal

Kenneth Wimer wimer at suse.de
Tue Sep 27 21:09:51 BST 2005

* David Johnson <david at usermode.org> [Sep 27. 2005 08:21]:
> On Monday 26 September 2005 11:11 pm, Kurt V. Hindenburg wrote:
>
> > Where are these changes discussed?  If I had not been testing the
> > schemas I would have not noticed these didn't work with Konsole in
> > KDE 3.5.
>
> It was discussed on kde-artists, with a bit of cross-posting here if I
> recall.

Exactly. I did warn those who wanted to take this out that they should
be ready to put things back in when a developer screams "but I used that
in my app!" because it is very hard to know exactly where this stuff is
used. I would simply remove the schemes because they
are somewhat outdated, most often a usability nightmarea and, in my
opinion, ugly. If they are really popular, we could put them somewhere
else either in Konsole directly or perhaps a special dir for BGs used
in apps which would be globally accessable.

Bye,
--
Kenneth Wimer