kscd does not work

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Tue Sep 27 14:08:24 BST 2005

... with current 3.5, I always get the following error on start:

CD-ROM read or access error (or no audio disc in drive).
Please make sure you have access permissions to:
system:/media/cdrom

Note: I'm running as root.
I have an audio CD in the drive, and if I run audiocd:/ this also works and
tells me the correct content.

BTW: how does the error message help me in solving the problem ?
I mean, how can I check if I have permission for "system:/media/cdrom" as this
is just something virtual ... ?

What can be wrong here ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Computers and Internet gave you freedom.
TCPA would TAKE your FREEDOM!  http://www.againsttcpa.com