3.5 release plan

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Mon Sep 26 21:22:21 BST 2005

On Monday 26 September 2005 20:39, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Monday 26 September 2005 11:21, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Am Montag, 26. September 2005 10:14 schrieb Benjamin Meyer:
> > > Can the 3.5 release plan please be updated by those in the know?
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.5-release-plan.
> > >html
> >
> > Well, if just someone would give me feedback, I'd be happy to do so.
> > Since I lack the time to read kde-bugs-dist I'm not sure if we need
> > another beta or if we can go with RCs.
>
> There is the kdrilister/kfiletreeview crash which is not a crash
> anymore, but makes Quanta hang after creating a new project.
Not quite.. after my debugging it seems to be a misuse of KFileTreeBranch in
Quanta. Although I didn't figure out yet why it calls slotCollapsed and then
slotExpanded again. The latter populating the branch, clearing the old files
in it and emitting completed(), which then in turn *somehow* results in
slotCollapsed again! I do think this is because of Quanta's code, but
although I compiled it with debugging symbols the backtraces done with
kdBacktrace() don't contain method names. I'll try something else tomorrow or
the day after if you don't know the solution either.

Cheers,
--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience