kiotrash ->kdelibs

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Sep 26 10:18:30 BST 2005

On Sunday 25 September 2005 16:30, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> >Since KIO::trash depends on the trash io-slave wouldn't it be reasonable
> > to move that one from kdebase to kdelibs ?
> >
> >Any objections against moving it ?
>
> Given some of the bug reports we've received, I agree. Some distributions
> decided to make kio_trash a separate and optional package.

Well I don't object, but I don't think it really makes sense, either.
There are many other programs needed at runtime, in kdebase: khelpcenter
is always the best example.
This is why in kde 4 we'll have kdebase-apps, which will be "the programs that
other programs rely on at runtime, so they -must- be installed".
IMHO all the basic ioslaves should go there, including file, ftp, http
(those in kdelibs right now), and trash.

For now (3.4 and 3.5), isn't this simply a bug that those distributions miss
a dependency from kdesktop to kio_trash?