KApplication::cut()....

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Fri Sep 23 18:08:53 BST 2005

On Friday September 23 2005 12:58 pm, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 23 September 2005 18:27, George Staikos wrote:
> > >
> > > and for apps that don't have a kmainwindow? besides, this is really
> > > just tacking these methods on to some class because it "kinda sorta
> > > maybe fits". in other words, exactly what was done with kapplication.
> > > this is not good design IMHO.
> > >
> > > david's suggestion of a KStandardSlots class in Frameworks makes a hell
> > > of a lot more sense. it has the added bonus of probably making the
> > > people currently using these methods a lot happier, and they count more
> > > than anyone else when it comes to this API, no?
> >
> >   You can make that a Canadian^2 opinion.
>
> Well actually Benjamin is right - when would you have copy/cut/paste
> actions other than a mainwindow?
>
> OK there's the special case of the toolbar in kfiledialog, but that's
> really special, and it doesn't need those slots anyway.

Speaking as one of the few who actually use these slots... I'd rather they
were in a KStandardSlots class too.  No, not because I would use them in some
app that wouldn't have a mainwindow, but because I like the slots as is, not
some stupid 'automaticallyCreateSomeKActionsForMePlease' methods and I don't
think we should polute the KMainWindow namespace.

Adam
--
I'm running a Marathon in December!
HELP ME SAVE LIVES and Donate Today!