KApplication::cut()....

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Sep 23 15:28:18 BST 2005

On Friday 23 September 2005 15:22, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> Why do I have to retrieve the action object, if I just want to cut or copy
> from the currently focused widget ?

Because cut or copy is a user action in the first place, not something the program
does on its own at 12:00 every saturday. So it makes sense to simply have a
KAction for this, much like we have kdeui-provided kaction instances for
statusbar, menubar, toolbar, all std actions, etc.
Maybe the slots themselves could be in a StandardSlots singleton, which would
be mostly private api?