KApplication::cut()....

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Sep 22 12:45:32 BST 2005

On Thursday 22 September 2005 13:30, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
>   KApplication has a number of built in convenience editing slots.  cut,
> copy, paste, clear, and selectAll.  Grepping through some of the kde source
> I wasn't able to find any applications that actually were using it.  Does
> anyone know where it is used?  Assuming it is used, then I would like to
> suggest moving them to KMainWIndow, but if they aren't used then I would
> say just getting rid of them.

They're used both in JuK and KSig (granted, I wrote both of them plus those
methods in KApplication).

Really I'd like to see that style of usage used much more widely.  It's a
whole lot easier to implement application-wide cut (or copy, paste, etc.)
with:

KStdAction::cut(kapp, SLOT(cut()), actionCollection);

Than to implement special-casing all over the application.

-Scott

--
Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
--Bertrand Russell