QtTestLib update

Dave Feustel dfeustel at verizon.net
Mon Sep 19 18:02:21 BST 2005

On Monday 19 September 2005 11:32, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Monday 19 September 2005 09:57, Kuba Ober wrote:
> > > But epsilon is more of a
> > > computer science term and may be unclear to new programmers.

It was *never* a CS term as far as I remember. Strictly math terminology
as mentioned below.

> > LOL, far from being a CS-only term -- that's a high school term! I bet one
> > first hears it in introduction of the concepts of a limit and a derivative.
> > At least that's where I first heard it ;)
>
> Ugh. ε-δ (epsilon-delta).  It may be single-handedly responsible for the fear
> of calculus that pervades high schools around this nation. =)

Getting good at calculus requires well-developed algebraic and trigometric
skills. Developing those skills takes a lot of practice. Few are willing to
work hard at developing those skills any more. It is really amazing to see
the results of the deterioration of the U.S. educational system since I left high
school (a long time ago).

Dave Feustel

--
Tired of having to defend against Malware?
You know: trojans, viruses, SPYWARE, ADWARE,