KTar + KTempFile + QFilePrivate::openExternalFile

Sascha Cunz sascha.cunz at tiscali.de
Mon Sep 19 14:45:49 BST 2005

Am Montag 19 September 2005 01:20 schrieb David Faure:
> On Saturday 17 September 2005 10:53, Sascha Cunz wrote:
> > Though, Qt3 docs says too, that calling QFile::close() after calling
> > QFile::open(FILE*, OpenMode) does nothing but flush the file.
> >
> > All i wanted to say is, that the comment in KTar that says "File has to
> > be closed to be used for KArchive::setDevice(QIODevice*)" is plain wrong.
> > Because it ain't closed according to Qt-Docs.
>
> It's closed in the sense that isClosed() is true and than open() will work,
> that's all that matters as far as that comment goes.

Well, then the comment should be changed. Anyone new to it looking into the
source and comparing it to the docs should conclude that there's something
wrong.

> About the Qt4 bug: can you mail qt-bugs at trolltech.com about it?

As you might notice, the first mail was directed to Roberto Raggi at TrollTech
and CC'ed to k-c-d. I meanwhile got a notice from Roberto, that the mail has
reached the right developer.

Sascha