DBus - Security Implications

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Sep 19 00:50:26 BST 2005

On Sunday 18 September 2005 08:50, Dave Feustel wrote:
> I've been wondering about this for a while.
> What are the security implications, if any, from using DBus?

  Are you inquiring in comparison to DCOP, or just in general of an app
supporting an I/RPC mechanism like this?  Of course we've been using DCOP for
a long time now without major security concerns.  d-bus has other
functionality which may result in different implications.  It is also, of
course, a completely different implementation.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/