[RFC] Second take for "messages" targets

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sun Sep 18 20:09:22 BST 2005

On Friday 16 September 2005 21:52, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 15 September 2005 19:24, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > DIRECTORIES=AUTO
> > POTFILE=myapp.pot
> > SCRIPT=myextraction.sh
> > SCRIPTRESULT=rc.cpp
>
> This looks a lot like automake, which we're soon moving away from....
> How about some python (scons/bksys) calls to define those instead?
>
> We'll have to convert all Makefile.ams anyway, so why not convert the
> messages target as well...

I was under the impression that Scons was complex and broke the rule of "do
not build/compile" that we have for Scripty (but one single exception).

And as Stephan Kulow seemed to prefer something that can be sourced by Bash, I
had this proposal.

However Stephan Kulow has written in the meantime that using scons would be
fine in his eyes, so I do not mind.

Have a nice day!