Patch: KFileMetaInfo documentation

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Sep 18 15:49:31 BST 2005

On Sunday 18 September 2005 16:24, Sébastien Laoût wrote:
> Ie. what to choose between groups(), supportedGroups(), preferredGroups(),
> preferredKeys(), supportedKeys()... where the documentation barelly tell us
> that it "Returns a list of all supported groups" or "Returns a list of the
> preferred groups"!

Welcome to the world of unmaintained kdelibs classes. There's lots of them.

> /** The following example illustrate how to show the list of metainfos
>   * of a file to the user, with translated keys and formated string values:
>   */

Ideally, you would

a) add a subdirectory examples/ under where this class lives
b) write a complete example that actually compiles; you may split out a
specific part into a separate cpp file for inclusion into the dox
c) use @example filename.cpp

That makes it possible to use the compiler to check that the examples still
work, and still puts useful examples in the apidox. If you don't like
examples/ you can use tests/ instead (just tell me, because then I have to
remember to add tests/ to the possible example dirs).

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot