Timezone classes

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Sat Sep 17 19:27:32 BST 2005

On Thursday 15 September 2005 19:06, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Thursday 15 September 2005 19:50, David Jarvie wrote:
> (...)
>
> > KTimezones::local() doesn't allow for the possibility of /etc/localtime
> > being a link to a file in /use/share/zoneinfo/ (or wherever). This is
> > quite
>
> If I remember well, the problem about /etc/localtime being a link, had been
> reported immediately in kde-commits (but apparently the code was not
> changed).

I don't understand either comment (from David or Nicolas). The code in
question is trying to find the name of the file in /use/share/zoneinfo/ (or
wherever) with the link or copy of the file that is in /etc/localtime.

AFAICS, it should work in both the link or copy case (I am not able to test
right now, but I thought I had done so).

Does that make more sense? Maybe I need to make the comment there a bit more
verbose...

Thanks, Shaheed