Moving 3 widgets to kdelibs.

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Sat Sep 17 17:48:32 BST 2005

On Friday 16 September 2005 23:32, Tom Albers wrote:
> 3. SqueezedComboBox [6]
> This is combobox which can hold large items. When an item is larger then
> the size of the combobox, the right part of the text is shown, prepended
> with ... The screenshot in the documentation makes it clearer I think. A
> tooltip is there to show the full text. When the combobox is resized the
> text automatically shrinks/grows. This widget is only used in digiKam atm,
> but I think other applications can use it.
>
> Remarks:
> - SqueezedComboBoxTip [7] should be copied with it to provide the tooltips.
>
> All widgets are documented and contain screenshots. I'm able to maintain
> the SqueezedComboBox if needed, the first one is not written by me and the
> second is to simple to need maintanance ;-)
>
> The only 'problem' is that i'm not into qt4 at all at this moment and can
> not do the move/copy myself.
>
> Opinions?

I don't think SqueezedComboBox is needed anymore with Qt4 at all, given that
QAbstractItemView has a textElideMode property that allows specifying the
position of the '...' in text (left, right, middle) and passes that on to the
item delegate. So that not only avoids duplicating the entire contents (in
strings) of the combobox but it also works across all item view widgets.

Simon