[KDE4] KNotification

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Sat Sep 17 11:36:04 BST 2005

Le Samedi 17 Septembre 2005 11:58, Olaf Jan Schmidt a écrit :
> [Olivier Goffart]
>
> > Why all notifications?
>
> Because partially sighted users or blind user might need to have all
> notifications read out. And to give kttsd full control over which
> notifications it will read. This doesn't mean it will them by default, but
> we don't want to clutter the notification kcm if we already have a useful
> user interface in the kttsd kcm.

If you really want it, a dcop/dbus call can be emit to kttds for each event.
OK, that's not difficult.

But i still not see what's wrong by adding the kttsd action in addition to
existing one.
  - The action may be configured INSIDE the application.
  - The action may be spoken or not depending the context (in which group is
the contact)  (it will be very difficult to handle contexts outside the
application)
  - you can show the global knotify kcm in the kttsd configuration if you
want.

But if usability experts think a kttsd should handle itself notifications, I
just can accept.  (Even if i think that technically, it's not the way to go)