QtTestLib update

André Wöbbeking Woebbeking at onlinehome.de
Wed Sep 14 21:51:21 BST 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 22:23, Harald Fernengel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 14 September 2005 18:32, André Wöbbeking wrote:
> > 1) reduce namespace pollution? IMO names like COMPARE, SKIP or
> > VERIFY are not really unique. Please prefix the names with Q_ or
> > QTEST_ or anything else.
>
> *sigh* I knew that this would happen :) A "QTEST_CLEAN_NAMESPACE"
> define is on the feature list.

Cool! No resistance, obvouisly you know that it's futile anyway ;-)

> Do you have any concrete examples
> where these macros are already used in public header files?

Short grep gives me:

/usr/include/scsi/scsi.h:75:#define COMPARE               0x39
/usr/include/scsi/scsi.h:64:#define VERIFY                0x2f
/usr/include/linux/ps2esdi.h:50:#define FAIL 0
/usr/include/linux/ibmtr.h:214:	enum {FAIL, RESTART, REOPEN}

Don't know where this headers are used.

> > 2) add a COMPARE for floating point numbers where I can set the
> > epsilon.
>
> Does QCOMPARE_EPSILON sound good?

Boost uses BOOST_CHECK_CLOSE, not sure which is more expressive.

Cheers,
André