[KDE4] KListView - What's the plan?

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Sep 14 20:09:25 BST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 14. September 2005 14:37 schrieb Gary Cramblitt:
> When I convert my .ui files to Qt4 format, KListView stops working in my app
> (KTTSMgr).  Don't know why.
Well, kdelibs4 is very early in development. It's not suprising, that not all things
work right now. Please don't add work arounds to your applications right now,
but rather help with kdelibs :)

> So I've begun converting the KListView's to QTreeView's using the new
> model/view architecture.  Note: In order to support multiple columns, you
> have to use QTreeView, not QListView.  But I wonder what this does with
> respect to user's KDE appearance settings.
>
> What's the plan for KListView?  Leave permanently as is with Qt3 compatibility
> widgets?  Convert to QTreeView, but then what happens with model/view
> architecture?  Or perhaps a new component KTreeView based on QTreeView with
> full model/view support?

I guess we need both. Some smaller lists need the old API, bigger ones surely need
some m/v support.

Greetings, Stephan