[KDE4] KListView - What's the plan?

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 13:37:38 BST 2005

When I convert my .ui files to Qt4 format, KListView stops working in my app
(KTTSMgr).  Don't know why.

So I've begun converting the KListView's to QTreeView's using the new
model/view architecture.  Note: In order to support multiple columns, you
have to use QTreeView, not QListView.  But I wonder what this does with
respect to user's KDE appearance settings.

What's the plan for KListView?  Leave permanently as is with Qt3 compatibility
widgets?  Convert to QTreeView, but then what happens with model/view
architecture?  Or perhaps a new component KTreeView based on QTreeView with
full model/view support?

Anybody given this any thought?

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)