Moving ThreadWeaver to kdelibs

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 14 00:34:24 BST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 04:54, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 September 2005 00:58, Michael Pyne wrote:
> > But more seriously, I can think of a few situations where it is
> > useful to be able to maintain code yourself instead of depending on
> > the Great Someone Else to fix it.
>
> And why wouldn't you fix it in Qt?

if i'm not mistaken, i believe a number of kde hackers are a little hesitant
to rely on TT picking up a patch due to past performance in that area. this
is almost certainly fixable, i should hope ...

i think what is required is a more public commitment from TT with regards to
community input in the form of patches, and possibly a documented mechanism
for triaging such patches between the community at large and TT. the Qt bugs
list doesn't particularly cut it =) the more kde relies on being able to
address issues at the Qt level, the more it makes sense to have a known way
to interact with that project.

--
Aaron J. Seigo