Moving ThreadWeaver to kdelibs

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 14 00:26:57 BST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 02:49, Mirko Boehm wrote:
> doxygen doxygen.cfg

this is a great start! it certainly tells _why_ one wants to use TW, now we
just need a nice section on _how_ to use it .. and as i mentioned in my
original email, i think you covered that pretty well in your presentation at
aKademy.

hmm... perhaps we should have a standard template for this that authors could
just fill in, e.g.:

	1 para overview & introduction
	2-4 paras of why or when to use it
	2+ paras on how to use it in the common case, with short examples
	0+ paras on common gotchas or extra details

the typical "why, how and more". this way a book on using kdelibs would be
compilable directly out of kdelibs itself.

does anyone think this is too great a burdon to put on new additions to
kdelibs? would anyone be willing to join me in writing such documentation for
existing classes for kde4?

once things calm down a bit in kdelibs, one a week wouldn't be too hard,
really. i'll just not blog that day ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo