Moving ThreadWeaver to kdelibs

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 13 23:58:11 BST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 18:37, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 September 2005 23:04, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Since when commercially supported products are better just for beign
> > commercially supported?
>
> That is a really dumb question. When two products are the same and one
> has commercial support (commercial support given for _free_ i might
> add) then that one is better, always.

Hahahah. :)

Thanks for the joke, I needed to be cheered up. :-/

But more seriously, I can think of a few situations where it is useful to be
able to maintain code yourself instead of depending on the Great Someone Else
to fix it.

Or in other words, it would be nice to fix or at least be able to workaround a
Qt bug without having to make people upgrade to Qt 4.latest or qt-copy.
Perhaps this is what Thiago was talking about when he was talking about the
architecture of QtNetwork?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne