Moving ThreadWeaver to kdelibs

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Sep 13 08:28:08 BST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 01:17, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> documentation: there is some API documentation, but it isn't complete. and
> an introductory article (perhaps based on your aKadmey presentation?) would
> be invaluable. in fact, i'd like to see intro articles for every such
> component.

Yes! Or rather, Aaron, quit repeating things I discuss in the train with
Sebastian like you were there.

The API dox in kdelibs are pretty good. What is missing terribly in the dox
themselves is _overview_. There's some classes with excellent documentation
and long explanations of what's going on and how to use them (and when and
why). But most don't, and they focus on the zoomed-in level of what the class
does when you already know what it's for and want to use it.

Having related pages in the dox with explanations and tutorials is really
needed so that you can look at class headers (or preferably the processed
headers) and find out how and why and when to use a given class. Or get a
'walkthrough' through an entire library, or perhaps something that sorts the
wealth of classes into more manageable chunks (consider libkdecore, which is
huge and can be conceptually subdivided into things like 'dealing with
accelerators' or 'dealing with network communication', but doesn't have any
descriptions of where to start).

So, it's on my plate to keep nuding people about writing dox, about writing
overviews. Thanks for nudging Mirko in this case :)

Current status of trunk's kdelibs, wrt. apidox (from the EBN): kdelibs
reference logfile 5357 errors. Those errors are all of the form 'something is
undocumented that should be'.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot