Qt Crypto Architecture for KDE4?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Sep 11 15:57:43 BST 2005

On Sunday 11 September 2005 10:03, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I had a brief discussion with George Staikos about QCA and we came up with
> a simple plan: we are going to try it.

  Thanks Thiago, you beat me to it but I was about to respond with roughly the
same thing.  I think I'm in agreement with everything that Thiago wrote.  My
biggest concern with KSSL is compatibility with servers, and I spent a very
large amount of time working on this.  There is no good testsuite to test new
backends, and losing any amount of compatibility is just not acceptable.
However I do encourage QCA as a second backend because over time (read:
years) it could potentially fully replace OpenSSL.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/