New i18n interface for KDE 4

Michael Olbrich michael-olbrich at web.de
Fri Sep 9 18:40:03 BST 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 08:29:06PM +0200, Chusslove Illich wrote:
> Something like that would fix problem with KGuiItem, but the one with
> QVariant would remain. And for QVariant we must either use explicit
> conversions in application code, or give to KI18n implicit conversion op
> to QVariant (which is completely out of the blue).

No implicit conversion. That just asks for trouble. You don't know
whether the QString stored in the QVariant is before or after the
arguments are passed. If its before you would loose KI18n's
functionality without any warning.
On that note, it would be a good idea to add debug code to check for
missing argument when converting from KI18n to QString.

michael